At Surrey Hills Family Dental Clinic we provide general dentistry services to embed your dental health both through education and devising a personalised oral health and preventive program.
We aim to maintain your oral health and prevent decay and gum disease.
Your dental appointment usually includes diagnostic procedures to evaluate the health of your teeth and gums. Usually this leads to a detailed dental treatment plan tailored to your individual dental health needs. While we recommend you follow this plan, it is your choice if you want to follow it.
Each check-up appointment can include:
- review of your medical history
- assessment of your gum health
- oral cancer screening
- evaluation of your bite
- evaluation of temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- clean and polish
- assessment of existing dental restorations
- bad breath root cause identification
- chewing and swallowing patterns
- application of decay preventing agents such as sealants
- oral hygiene instruction
- nutrition and recommendations for future treatment
- immediate referral for specialised treatment as required
According to the health of your teeth and gums, you may need to visit us regularly. During each visit we monitor your oral health with a view to prevent problems rather than having costly treatments at a later critical stage.